Bigelow Tea on YouTube Subscribe Follow Me on Pinterest

For Passover, Bigelow Tea Offers Kosher Teas

btmon

Being a family-owned company, we at Bigelow Tea have great respect for traditions that bring multiple generations together. As Passover begins on March 25, we are fond of the holiday’s custom of gathering loved ones around the dinner table to share in the Passover Seder.

For our friends who keep Kosher, we wanted to let you know that many Bigelow Teas can be served at your family meal. Some of our most popular flavors have been certified as Kosher for Passover. They include our first tea, “Constant Comment”®, Cinnamon Stick, English Teatime, Earl Grey, Plantation Mint and many more! You can even try our recipe for Plantation Mint Punch with Lime, below, which makes for a unique and refreshing beverage.

btmon2

Finally, if you’re attending a Seder or other Passover event, you can be the most popular guest by bringing our Tea-licious Basket! All 104 tea bags in this round and reusable basket are certified Kosher for Passover. Varieties include black, green, herbal and decaffeinated teas.

Happy Passover from our Bigelow Tea family to yours!

Plantation Mint Punch with Lime

btmon3

Ingredients:

4 cups water
6 Bigelow Plantation Mint® Tea Bags
6 tablespoons honey
½ cup fresh lime juice
1 cup Rose’s Lime Juice
3 cups club soda, chilled

Yield: Serves 6

btmon4

Instructions:

Place 4 cups boiling water over tea bags in heat-stable container. Let steep 10 minutes. Remove tea bags, add honey and stir until dissolved. Let cool. Pour the tea base into a 3-1/2 quart pitcher. Add fresh lime juice and Rose’s lime juice. Stir. Just before serving, add chilled club soda. Pour into ice-filled glasses and serve.

Top image by Edsel Little via Flickr.com

7 Responses to “For Passover, Bigelow Tea Offers Kosher Teas”

1. Rebecca Rice writes:

I would not get through the day without my cup of tea.

2. Evan Wallace writes:

I see your green tea in the basket, but is it actually kosher? Speaking of said green tea, Bigelow: I miss the old tags you attached to the tea bags. I’m talking about your individually wrapped tea-bags, the new ones look tacky.

3. Kathy writes:

Evan, the Green Tea, as well as all of the teas in this basket are indeed kosher as well as kosher for Passover. Sorry to hear you’re displeased with our tags, would love to chat a bit more to get further info from you on the tea tags you’re referring to, if you can please call me at: 888-244-3569 to discuss…thanks!

4. Evan Wallace writes:

Kathy,

Attempted to call you…twice. I guess the connection was bad, perhaps you can just e-mail me at the e-mail address I have specified for my postings?

Thanks!

5. Kathy writes:

Evan, sorry for the difficulty in trying to reach me…I will send you an email now

6. Daniel writes:

Kosher tea….I had no idea. It just never even crossed my mind I guess. Just goes to show how ignorant we can be without even knowing it (yes, I realize that’s the very definition of ignorance). And speaking of ignorance, what exactly makes a tea (or any product) kosher?

7. Kathy writes:

Daniel, teas which are kosher are certified according to the KOF K Organizational guidelines.